• Watch the Creation of a Comic: Puppy
  • Watch the Creation of a Comic: Pudding
  • RSS Feed!
  • RSS Feed?
  • Watch the Creation of a Comic: Silly Putty
  • Background Info on Making Comics and Check Out the...
  • Suggestion Box
  • Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
  • Soon...
  • Whoops!
  • Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Tuesday, March 25, 2008

    Comics I Read: Breakfast of the Gods

    So, I feel like I should update the blog more often, the only problem is that I can't really think of very much substantial stuff to talk about regarding my comic. Therefore, I decided I would start posting (on a semi-regular basis) webcomics that I read which I think others should check out.


    This week I have chosen Breakfast of the Gods. The series centers around an epic battle between cereal mascots. It is a little difficult for me to explain more without giving anything away, but trust me, this is good. Actually, I would even say that it is far and away the best webcomic I have ever seen. Admittedly, as a heavy cereal eater, I was already predetermined to love this comic. Brendan Douglas Jones, the author, is consistently faithful to the cereal mascots that he includes and deserves high praise for the quality of work he puts forth here. Be warned; this is not light fare. The comic is pretty dark, and requires your time, but, in my opinion, it is certainly worth it. He recently finished the second book of the series and will be taking a well-deserved break before he begins the third.

    One of the better things about this comic is that because of the use of licensed characters, there is no way for Jones to make any money off this. Breakfast of the Gods is purely a labor of love for the characters and it shows.

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That was INCREDIBLE! When is he gonna make the 3rd book? Are there any other awesome comics that you read?!

    March 30, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
    Blogger Thomas said...

    I think the site says he'll start posting pages from the third book (Apocalypse Yum) in early May.

    I'll be continuing to write small posts about comics I read on Tuesdays.

    March 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Greatings, En la carga de antivirus mi pбgina de poner alerta, por favor de verificaciуn.
    Gracias

    [url=http://www.bad4dwn.com/]BernieR[/url]

    April 16, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    © 2008 Thomas Dobrosielski. All rights reserved.